Bring spring into your children's room by making a garland of pennants. Easy and very cheerful, in 30 minutes time, it will be the party. So, to your scissors!
Creation and realization Elisabeth Tzimakas
Photos Matthieu Csech. Plaid and cushion n ° 74. Lamp FDTC
ALL OUR DIY
Make a garland of pennants (5 pics)
The garland of pennants: the material
- Fabric falls with various patterns of 34 cm wide minimum
- 3 m of lace or thin ribbon
- 10 big pearls
- A cardboard sheet or strong paper
- A pot of varnish glue
- Brush brush
The garland of pennants: step 1
- Draw the template on the cardboard: a triangle of 12 cm base and 16 cm high.
- Cut it out on its path.
- Fold the scraps of fabric in half, upside down, to obtain strips at least 17 cm wide.
The garland of pennants: step 2
- Place the template on the folded fabric, base of the triangle against the fold.
- Trace its outline and cut the fabric on the path.
- Make a dozen different triangles.
- Thread the beads on the lace and space them about 16 cm.
The garland of pennants: step 3
- Unfold the fabric triangles and place them between the beads, lace flush with the fold.
- Glue the glue varnish over its entire surface.
- Fold the two layers together to glue them on the lace.
- Tie a fastening loop at both ends of the garland.
The garland of pennants: tips
- Ephemeral version: for a birthday party you can make a garland by stapling triangles of gift papers over a length of bolduc.
- Sewing version: instead of sticking the fabric triangles you can fix them by making a straight seam just under the lace.
- Good pearls: be sure to choose beads whose hole is large enough to let the lace or ribbon chosen.