Get on a chair and step over the window ... this kind of domestic accident happens! Every year, accidents of this type are reported. Hence the importance of remembering the safety instructions to respect in a house.
- Every year, nearly 250 children from 10 months to 7 years defenes themselves. Hence the importance of respecting the safety instructions.
What to do to avoid accidents
- Never leave your toddler alone near an open window or on a balcony. Not even under the responsibility of another child or teenager.
- Do not install any furniture, bed, toy box or big soft toy that can serve as a step for your child near the windows.
- Secure your windows with window breakers placed at a height inaccessible to the child and limiting the opening of the leaves to 10 cm. Entrust this task to a professional for PVC or aluminum windows.
- You can also opt for "tilt-and-turn" windows, with a three-position handle that controls three types of blocked openings. This system is the most secure for your jack-of-all trades, but it's also the most expensive.
- But let's remember, no security system can replace the supervision of an adult.
Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom ... all our tips to ensure his safety at home?