Pregnant, your nutritional needs increase, especially in the 3rd trimester. It is therefore essential to focus on certain foods, including fruits, sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber. The explanations of Dr. Laurence Plumey, nutritionist.
Fruits, sources of fiber
- Constipation is one of the most common pains of pregnancy because it concerns 20% of pregnant women (hormonal reasons and related to the compression of the intestinal loops by the developing baby). To fight against constipation, you must have a significant fiber intake, or 30 grams per day.
- The consumption of 3 servings of fruit and 2 vegetables or 2 servings of fruits and 3 vegetables will bring you 20 gr of fiber (you will find the contribution remaining in the bread, pasta, cereals that you choose preferably complete).
Eating 3 fruits brings you between 6 and 10g of fibers, or 30% of your daily need for fiber.
- It is important to supplement the beneficial effect of the fruits by a sufficient consumption of water (at least 1.5 liters of water a day) and preferably magnesium sulfated (like Hépar °) and a regular physical activity (walk every days at least 30 minutes and go for a gentle swim).
- Which fruits to favor? Red fruits (currants, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries), cherries, apricots, grapes, apples, peaches and brugnons and dried fruits (3 to 5 times higher in fiber than when they are fresh: grapes, figs, apricots and dried prunes). If you like to eat the skin of fruits, preferably take organic fruits.
- To know : the prune is particularly effective in case of constipation, because not only is it very rich in fiber (16% vs. 2% in fresh fruits), but it also contains sorbitol, with slightly laxative virtues.
1 2 3