Offer a castle to your princess for her birthday ... yes, yes! A nice gourmet castle to enjoy with his girlfriends. A fantastic recipe proposed by Aurélie and Anne-Sophie.
- 4 square cakes of sponge cake type (20 cm side)
- 1 jar of frosting
- 1 pink gel dye
- 5 ice cream cones
- 150 g of white chocolate
- Colorful balls
- Square marshmallows
- 1 package of vanilla or chocolate wafers
- Prepare the butter or cream cheese frosting and color it in pink with a dab of gel dye. If you use a frosting jar, color it in pink and beat it with a whip 2-3 minutes to relax it.
- Drop a cake on a board. Spread it with icing. Put a second cake on top, spread it with frosting and put a third cake on top.
- Using a sponge knife, even out the sides for a perfect square.
- Cut the remaining cake into 4.
- Overlay 3 squares obtained by interposing 2 layers of frosting. Take out the sides.
- Finally, cut the last square in 4 and superimpose 2 small squares with a thin layer of frosting. Cover each cake so formed with a very thin layer of frosting to trap the crumbs.
- Place the large square cake on the cake plate. Place a glaze of icing in the center and place over the medium square cake.
- Finally, place a small amount of frosting in the center and place the last square cupcake. Put the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour for the frosting to take.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie over very low heat. When it is liquid, brush the ice cream cones and sprinkle with colored sugar balls and allow to dry at room temperature.
- Take the cake out of the fridge. Cover the whole cake with a second layer of frosting to obtain a very smooth and pink castle.
- Place 4 decorated cones at the 4 corners of the large square cake and 1 cone in the middle of the square cupcake.
- Finish the decoration by adding wafers to form the windows and doors and marshmallows to form the battlements of the castle.