You prepare small soups, crunchy vegetables, succulent desserts ... Lips tight, he turns his head to escape your spoon! A most classic behavior that can occur at any time between 1 and 3 years! Our parades to restore his appetite.
- Before, his diet was mainly milky and you do not ask too many questions. Today he gets up ... and walks. He pronounces high-if it is intelligible-voice of "no!" without appeal. In the aftermath, while he reveled just as much of your casseroles as your little pots, he refuses to come to eat ... and to eat at all. A behavior of the most classic at this age!
1. "You do not want to eat?
- Since your toddler trots everywhere, he has plenty of places to explore ... while he has already gone around his plate. On the other hand, he finds it interesting to test on you his new strike force: to say "No!". By insisting that he eat, you give him a great opportunity to do it. The game, first fun, becomes an issue of his power ... and that's how the situation hangs.
- Offer him his meals every day at about the same time. If he refuses to open his mouth (even with several consecutive meals), stack plates and timbale: the subject is closed ... You can however add: "You will eat better at the snack" or "tonight". Your indifference is the surest way to anchor in your little head that eating is one thing, having fun another.
2. "Take your time"
- "Affective foods" are not empty words. If eating is not fun, it's a part of pleasure and exchange ... spoons full against empty, little stories, marks of affection ... Better to ignore the bath than haggle your availability at the moment of the meal.
3. "You can eat with your fingers"
- To the sensual pleasure of delousing the puree, succeeds that of autonomy. "Eat alone" the student to a higher level in his future status of "big". The use of the fingers is the natural step that precedes the handling of cutlery. So let him do experiments, it is at this moment what fascinates him on his plate.
4. "You do not like beans, all right!"
- Do not want to eat green vegetables (or fruit or yogurt), it's very different from not wanting to eat at all! At certain periods of their development, children have small food "phobias". Again, do not force it. Introduce him regularly, because these phobias are transient, one day or another he will ask for peas again. In the meantime, force on the milk dessert. On the other hand, if at 3 pm he shouts famine, answer him that he has only one hour to wait before tasting it! It's true that an hour is long for him ... that's why he will learn from his lack of attraction to vegetables.
5. "A spoon of carrot and a chicken ..."
- In times of bird's appetite, serve him sparrows, he can ask for more. From the outset, a dish of wolf would scare him.
6. "You will have dessert"
- Do not deprive him of the happiness of gluttony, but beware of snacking which cut the appetite. A candy or cake for dessert does not make "sweeties dependent".
7. "Come and sit down with us!"
- Boredom cuts the appetite! Dinner alone in the kitchen is sad; always eat baby food, it's depressing. While eating with mom and dad as mom and dad, it's giant! Also think of surprise and amuse him with funny presentations on his plate.
He does not eat anything ... is it of course?
Take the trouble to add the slices of cheese, apple, carrot, bread croutons and other biscuits that you give him during the day ... The result is reassuring: he eats!